Trendy Tuesday: 4/12/2016


Hello All!

Sadly, I didn't have anyone  to feature on my first Trendy Tuesday. So we can all frown for a little bit and hope that my next Trendy Tuesday is a bit more successful. If you're an author/writer and looking for a place to post an Interview/Guest Post - Let me know!

_________________________________________________________

For now, I decided to interview my fiance - Robert! He doesn't have any books (yet) - but he is working on his Doctorate Degree for Psychology. Oh yeah, ladies - he's a smart one. ;P lol


Your Name: Robert Palmer, Jr
Nicknames? Rob, Roberto

If you could go back and re-write a novel, or re-experience writing a novel of yours (or someone else’s), which one would it be and why? What would you do differently? 
I would want to revisit the memoir and personal essay I was working on my Senior year of Susquehanna University. I would like to have explored more of my experiences and how they have influenced and helped shape the person I have become.

Did you always wanted to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?: I used to want to be a writer. I still enjoy writing I just am more focused and strong in research writing. I am beginning work on my dissertation for my doctorate degree.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”? In high school. I enjoyed writing short stories and worked on a novel throughout high school. In a lot of my spare time I would just sit and write stories and use my friends as characters.

If you type into Google “Your Name” – what is the first thing that comes up? Apparently a Wikipedia page that says I am already a writer. Awesome!

Do you have any future books planned or in mind? : I am working on a research project for my dissertation. I do have future plans of returning to work on my memoir and personal essay.


If we were to go to a book store together, where would I find you?: You would find me in the mystery and thriller section. Particularly looking to see if I can find a Stephen king book I don't already own.

Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? ie You listen to music, sit in a certain chair?:  I always listen to music. I love to sit at a desk or lay on a couch. I also enjoy writing in a room with a window open or at the beach.

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?: I come up with names and places in my books through my own experiences. When deciding on a place I think of places I have been to or I will research information if I am not familiar with the place.

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?: As you go along. I think the character can develop in so many ways throughout the novel. Also, as the novel progresses, the character finds himself or herself in situations that will trigger certain characteristics or personality traits not seen in the beginning of the novel.

What is your favorite book and Why?  Have you read it more than once?: 
My favorite book is the Shining by Stephen King. I have read it several times.

Your favorite food is?: My grandmother's meatloaf and pizza

Your favorite singer/group is?: Linkin Park

Your favorite color is?: Black

Which comes first? The character's story or the idea for the novel? Tough Question. They are so intertwined, but I think the character's story is the driving force behind the development of a novel.

What advice do you have for someone who would like to become a published writer? Don't stop when even if a publisher says no. If you believe strongly enough in your writing, keep going until you can get someone who wants to publish your story. Your writing always appeals to someone.

If you could have any superpower what would you choose? Telekinesis or Telepathy

What’s your favorite season/weather? Spring and Fall

What is your favorite thing about writing? Relaxing and immersing myself into the story with the characters.

What is your least favorite thing about writing? Editing! (Yeah, he's not kidding either) lol 

If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why? Joss Whedon. I would love to get the experience of working on films and tv shows.

Favorite Superhero ? Or if you could be a superhero, who would you be or what super power would you have and why? My favorite superhero is Buffy the vampire slayer. I've watched that show since I was in high school and have related to different themes of the show at different points in my life.

Well, thanks for that Roberto! LOL

I'll catch you all next time on the next "Trendy Tuesday" !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2017 Update

If My Characters in "Allerleirauh" were Lipcolors