My Favorite Things: Top 10!

Welcome to "My Favorite Things: Top 10!" Post

I'm here to talk about ten things that are my absolute favorite. I suppose you could consider this as a "getting-to-know-you" kinda post. I thought it would be fun to share a bit more about me on the eve of the "Allerleirauh" release! I hope this keeps you fully entertained, and that you're whistling along with Julie Andrews by the end.


1) Books. Yeah, I guess that's a given. What sort of author can you be if you don't just love books? Preferably, I go for more of the YA novels with a mandatory pinch of romance. Some of my favorite books are: The Shiver series, Fangirl, To All the Boys I Loved series, A Court of Thorns and Roses series, There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom, Sarah Dessen books (Just Listen, The Truth About Forever) The Ring, Zoya, Pride and Prejudice. . . you know, classics.

                                          


2) Musicals. I love musicals. My absolute favorite is "The Phantom of the Opera." There is something about the mystical and majestic musical that lures me in every time I listen to the soundtrack. I love older musicals too: Camelot, Cinderella, West Side Story, The Sound of Music and My Fair Lady as examples. Others are, Moulin Rouge, Anastasia, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Evita, Hamilton, and Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812. (Clearly, Glee was one of my favorite TV-shows because of all the singing!)



3) Movies. I'm a fan of lots and lots of movies. I enjoy old films like "It Happened One Night," "Sabrina," and "Gone with the Wind," to more modern movies - "Ever After," "Austenland," and the live action version of "Cinderella" and "Beauty and the Beast."



4) DISNEY. My favorite thing in the whole world is seriously Disney. Everything Disney. My favorite two Disney Princesses are Belle and Ariel. I LOVE the classic Disney films - Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty. There is nothing quite like the old-time hand-drawn animation... I love the way the films make me feel; if I feel sad, I know that I can turn on a Disney film and everything will be alright... even if it's just for an hour. Disney's Fairy Tales are my escape . . . they've taught me so much about life, about myself and the Tumblr Disney Fandom has given me a chance to figure out just exactly who I am. I wouldn't be who I am without them



5) Coffee. It's true. Coffee is one of my favorite things. Forget tea or soda. Carmel Mocha, Peppermint Mocha, Pumpkin Spice Mocha. . . I love it all. It's one of my 'go-to's' when it comes to rewarding myself for a job-well done, or just treating myself. (Or if I'm having a rough morning, where I didn't get enough sleep. Which is most days...)



6) Taran. Taran is one of my favorite parts of the day. I love to wake up and see him, and I love to come home and see his little smile and his little wiggling butt. I love his doggie kisses, and... I just love everything about my family dog. He's my favorite. I love him so much. (Seriously, who can resist a cute puppy face? I certainly can't.)


7) Instagram. One of my favorite social media platforms is Instagram. I could seriously take a picture of everything around me, though I'm sure I'd lose all sorts of followers. I do have a public account that I'm always open to sharing with others around me, and I have a more private account for my close family and friends. But I love capturing moments in my life with pictures and sharing them with everyone. I've learned that pictures are important. . . even more so when it's all you have left.



8) Christmas. Christmas is my favorite holiday. There is just something about that time of year that suddenly becomes so magical. Whether its the snow, the music, or the movies that take over TV stations - or all the lights on people's houses, Christmas is something that I look forward to each year. I love singing songs, buying presents and sharing them with friends and family. I love letting the people in my life know just how important they are in my life. Baking cookies, going to Christmas parties, and wearing the ugliest Christmas sweaters one can find. I mean, what isn't there to love? It's a little more emotional for me with the great loss in my life, but . . . it makes it even more important to keep the spirit of Christmas alive. My loved one wouldn't want us to lose that.


9) Makeup. It might be silly to say that makeup is one of my favorite things, but it really is. When I feel like wearing it! I enjoy highlighting points on face; sometimes it really gives me a boost of confidence. You know, you gotta take it where you can get it. I might still be pretty 'basic' when it comes to my makeup skills (I'm no Youtube Guru) but I enjoy going into a makeup store, and feeling like I know what most things are and where it goes. (Or how to use it.) I'm a sucker for mascara, blush and lipsticks. . . it probably didn't help that I once used to work at an Ulta.
I just pretend to know what I'm doing.



10) Chinese Food. I love me some Chinese food. Egg Rolls. General Tso's Chicken. Yum. It's my all time favorite "Let's-Go-Out-To-Eat" Food.


So know you know 10 things that are my absolute favorite! What are some of yours? Let me know! Be sure to follow me on my social media - and keep in touch! I'd love to hear from you! And if you'd like to get a direct newsletter to your email - sign up! http://eepurl.com/cmidWn 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2017 Update

If My Characters in "Allerleirauh" were Lipcolors